Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Featured Designer: Olena Designs

How cool are these bracelets?! VERY cool!

I have a great story to share, yay! I ran into a co-worker last week who mentioned she bought a piece of jewelry on Etsy.

Considering her own creative talents, especially when it comes to jewelry or card making, I was intrigued! What would Mary be buying on Etsy that she couldn't just make for herself? She knows her own style and always makes fabulous crystal encrusted earrings and bracelets.

When we had a chance to get together, I had a jaw dropping moment. She showed me the bracelet above and, in true Mary form, it closely matched what she had on which ALSO seemed to match her iphone cover...some people just have that knack, while others of us are destined to float around in eclectia (new word?)

SO, I had to know more about the designer who grabbed this sparkly person's eye with this gorgeous piece of perfectionism. It was Olena from Toronto, Canada, who very kindly agreed to allow me to feature her here tonight.

Here's an excerpt from Olena's profile. By the way, the other bracelet shown here is one that Mary had a positive reaction to while we were scrolling through all of Olena's fabulous pieces on her Etsy site, Olena's Designs.

Very inspiring, thank you Olena!

"Growing up in Ukraine, my family did not have the means for supporting such a hobby so instead I spent my time knitting, sewing and crocheting. After all these years I am finally able to do something that I have a great passion for, challenging myself with new designs, materials and techniques. I spent several years researching and have always pushed myself to improve with every piece I make. I strive to use the highest quality materials and make accessories not only for every day wear, but also for those special occasions. I think every person should have that unique piece that gives them that WOW factor. ;) "

I agree with you 100% Olena, thanks again for allowing us to admire your talents!

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Great post. I do like this bracelet and have seen them here in my town of Florence.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks Nicole! I love the combination earthiness with the crisp, perfect alignment of beads. Appeals to both left and right brain! :)