Sunday, February 10, 2013

Doggie for the Wrist

If you've been wondering how to fashion your furry friends into a bracelet project so you can carry them "with you", here's an option.

This bracelet was inspired by the two furry ones pictured below.

I enjoyed the challenge of figuring out how to structure the body and add limbs, etc.

I wanted to make something that wasn't too kid-like, but could still be worn in a professional setting. I enjoyed getting a few double takes. It usually went like this, oh your bracelet is pretty. (double take) Oh! Is that a dog? :)

I can see this done in lots of colors and variations based on ears, fur color, etc.

Aw, look at my sweet boys... :)

The one still with us is on the right.

4 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Such a great idea! Wondering if it would work with a parrot, too?

freebird7100 said...

cute idea, could be changed for a cat even with triangle beads, I am sure a parrot could be figured out as well very cute! & still professional

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks! I am sure it would work for a cat OR a parrot! Let me know if you want instructions for the doggie and I will email them to you. This is one of the projects from my book. :)

DanaStargazerTruitt said...

I just finished and posted an awesome new blog for the most awesome handcrafted dog collars and she even does special orders u gotta see it!
thefashionistablogoftheweek.blogspot.com
If u luv spoiling your dog like I do you'll love this blog!!