Monday, October 29, 2012

Fright Night Spikes!

On a recent trip to Joann, etc. while looking for those elusive plastic spiders, I discovered these great acrylic spike beads by Cousin Corp.

Yes, I was in the bead aisle...did I go for beads, no...

Did I buy beads, yes...

I was in the process of creating a bracelet project in my head using the black lace and orange pony beads, so when I saw those spikes all I could think of was, "I hope those holes are big enough to get the shiny plastic craft lace through!"

I thought the irony was sort of poetic. I was working on a Cousin project and found the perfect bead to finish it and it happened to be a Cousin product. :) Yep, poetic...

This is definitely a craft project that is much easier than it looks to complete. AND, most of all, it is eye catching and perfect for Halloween. It shouldn't take more than an hour to finish once you get going.

Don't worry if you don't make it for Halloween, once you know how to make this bracelet, you can modify it in so many ways using many different kinds of beads. One of my faves is using colorful beading wire with crystals.

You can find instructions on the Cousin website. :)