Monday, June 4, 2012

Wooden Bracelet Project...Done!

Yay, I'm so glad I had a chance to make this bracelet, I LOVE IT!

I shared the beads in last week's posts. The plan was a 3 strand memory wire bracelet out of wooden beads and some kind of focal bead.

This fun wooden die cut flower in bright yellow really was calling out to be the focal, but I didn't know how I could attach it easily. Well, tonight I was hit by inspiration!

I used the peace sign bead and some clear monofilament line to create the focal piece and then I attached it to the center wood bead and that was it, SO EASY!

Let me know what you think, this is definitely a statement piece! :)

9 comments:

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Love the texture of the wood beads. Their alignment on the memory wire adds a lot of dimension and uniqueness to the bracelet. The yellow flower is a nice summertime finishing touch!

Kokopelli said...

Hey, I'm invited to a 80's party and that would fit in so well!

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks you two! So, are you saying I could possibly be stuck in the 80's and I just thought I moved on? I had a feeling...

Bring on the big hair and shoulder pads! :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a cute bracelet Lisa! I love the leaf-like texture of the wooden beads in comparison to the large flat flower. Gives it a lot of dimension!

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks Cindy! :)

Janice said...

Could you tell me where to find those wooden beads please? I love the look of them. Your design inspired something just a little different

Janice said...

whoops! I almost forgot...Thank you!!!

Lisa Crone said...

Hi Janice! I found this strand of wooden beads at Walmart not too long ago. The brand is Cousin corp. Hope u can track them down!

Janice said...

Thank you Lisa. I hope I can get them here!