Friday, June 3, 2011

Featured Designer: Patty Evins

Happy Friday everyone!! Yay!

This is such a great day because it kicks off the weekend AND I get to share a new featured designer with you!

Patty Evins of "Patty Evins Studio" wrote in her profile,"My love of creating color rich artwork has been a long journey in my life. I received a BFA in drawing and painting and continued my studies for four more years in private art institutions. My paintings have been exhibited and sold in Japan, Europe, the far east, Puerto Rico and the United States.

My love of glass began many years ago when I started collecting old stained glass windows.

Fascinated with the jewel-like colors that light and glass
creates. I became obsessed in capturing these qualities in my paintings. In 1998, my artistic career took a new direction when I attended a class in fused glass. I fell in love with molten glass and its ability to create abstract paintings. I signed up for another fusing class, only to have it cancelled a week before time to attend. I substituted a lampwork class, never imagining what was in store. It was love at first bead..."

Wow, Patty tells a great story! Exciting stuff and another reminder that really great things could be right around the corner for all of us!! :)

You can visit Patty on her blog for more fun stories or visit her storefront.

Thanks so much Patty for allowing me to share your work tonight!

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

Her work is incredible. Such gorgeous glass beads.