Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Everyone Needs an Ally"

Cindy Gimbrone's fabulous word beads have made my day! When I received them earlier in the week, I photographed them, but hadn't had a chance to study them until tonight.

I popped over to Cindy's website to get some insight on them and this is the description I found:

"Everyone needs an ally, someone who supports and loves you no matter what. These beads express that sentiment and have a well loved feel to them, just like that special person.

Handmade of a custom mix lavendar polymer clay. Each bead is hand formed and hand stamped then cured. Each bead is given a well worn patina and a final coat of clear satin. Beads measure between 12-13mm with a 2-3mm beadhole. These beads are matched pairs perfect for earrings or a set of necklaces, one for you and one for your ally!"

What a neat idea to use these two beads to make a necklace for yourself and one for your real life ally! Nice!

1 comment:

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Ally beads, pretty & thoughtful. This is a great idea. I often use words in bracelets for myself as reminders and encouragement. So nice to see subtle loving messages on beads. Thanks for sharing.