Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Bead Feature

Wow, the weekend flew right by!

If only the weekend had one more day in it!

I'm still working on my vintage bead project. I had this really great idea to make a hemp cord bracelet, but I am still knotting and taking it apart to get the right thickness and figuring out which beads have large enough holes. I'm getting excited though because it's starting to come together!

In the mean time, it's bead sharing time! Yay!!

I have been saving another adorable bead mix that I found at Joann's a few weeks ago and now is the perfect time to share!

Check out this green bead with happy sparkles and metally sequins! This is a very large hole bead! I am not sure what it is made of...it sort of looks like painted wood, but it could also be made of clay or even some other kind of pressed material. Regardless of the material, it is SO FUN!

To me, it looks like it's smiling and that is ALWAYS a wonderful bead trait! :)

I want to wish you all a wonderful, fun and smiley new week!

4 comments:

graduation day gifts said...

Wow,it look so great and attractive too.Lovely bead and I just love it.

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Oh, I love that one! Have a happy week!

CIndy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Boy that bead has some personality! So cool! It looks to me to be made of that epoxy resin clay but I could be wrong. It seems to have a different look than polymer clay. And I think the resin clay would hold the little elements in with less work, which would make sense for a production bead.

Almost Precious said...

It is a happy looking bead and what a wonderful and whimsical piece of jewelry it will make.

I know how annoying it is trying to get something just right so hope you've managed to come up with the proper thickness that you envision for your hemp cord and vintage bead bracelet. I remember once how a sweet young lady told me she wanted to try jewelry making as it seemed like a craft that offered "instant gratification". I had to smile as I thought to myself; "Honey, you've never had to spend a couple of hours picking out beads because you've made a mistake a couple of inches back." And I doubt she had any idea what it's like to have a gigantic knot appear in the middle of your beading thread that requires infinite patience to pick out with two thinnest of thin needles. Instant gratification ? No, not always. :D