Friday, December 3, 2010

Featured Designer: Michelle Mach of Beads & Books

We made it to Friday!! Life is good! :)

This week's featured designer is someone you might already be familiar with from numerous beading publications.

Michelle Mach is a freelance jewelry designer, writer, editor, and former librarian.

On the "jewelry designs" page of her website, she lists the current publications she is in and even shares projects previously published.

Michelle writes about her creative adventures every Tuesday and Friday on her blog, Beads & Books, which has a great tagline to clearly express her unique perspective, "Reading and writing in an arts and craft world".

She is preparing for an arts and crafts show tomorrow and shared some of the earrings in her collection.

I LOVE that her earring cards give ideas for books based on the earrings selected... Now THAT is creative!! :)

I had a great time scrolling through her posts on a wide variety of subjects, from how to submit designs to magazines to advice for using resin.

Thanks Michelle for allowing me to share your cool concepts and pieces here!! I'm so glad she is going to be part of the Sunday bead bloggers list, yay!

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Michelle Mach said...

Thank YOU, Lisa, for featuring me!

By the way, I ended up using that resin pendant for a necklace that I'm linking to the book The Time Traveler's Wife.

Now I'm off to my show!

TesoriTrovati said...

I love Miss Michelle! She is really sweet and so creative and it is always a pleasure to read about her and her jewelry tips. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Oh Let There Be Food said...

That is such a fun idea.

Shai Williams said...

The last thing I needed was another blog on my reading list but I just couldn't resist.