Saturday, November 20, 2010

This Week's Project: Quick & Easy Gift

This time of year is a perfect time to create quick and easy gifts that I can have on hand to give out to people when the time seems right.

It's a lot of fun to surprise them and also a great way to push my creativity into "quick & easy mode". Sometimes I will remember the night before I need to have a few gifts for people, so the ability to create something fun and simple with materials I already have becomes necessary. At first it might seem a little overwhelming, but once I get started, I get so excited and could create all night!

This bracelet uses just a simple beading component that I wrote about week or so ago. As I was looking through bead containers to figure out what to use with this component, I came across some black rubber tubing from Fire Mountain Gems. I used black beadalon wire and then just used a silver toned clasp to finish it off. It's so lightweight and easy to wear. The sparkle is extra cool too!

I hope you are all having fun creating this weekend!! I'd love to hear your ideas for quick and easy jewelry gifts! :)

4 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Quick and easy gifts always come in handy during Christmas time.

Just A Tish said...

I saw this in my blog feed and click click click clicked on it! I love this! This is a great idea, and who ever gets this will love it!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What an awesome way to use that component Lisa! It is very cool looking but simple to make. Great gift idea!

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks guys! I gave it away today and after getting over being surprised by it, I think she really liked the way that component sparkles. :)