Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Multi-purpose Springy Star

I used this star shaped "bead" in some holiday designs last year in a variety of ways.

First of all, this "star" is actually tightly twisted wire which gives it quite a bit of flexibility.

For use in a pair of earrings, I stretched out a couple of stars, made loops on either end and suspended a crystal ab-2x bicone from one loop and attached an ear wire to the other.

VERY simple, but so much fun!!

I can't tell you how many comments I received when I wore them. I wish I knew where they were....


In the other design, which was since gifted to my Mom, I used a star on either side of the focal piece in a bracelet, how fun!

I just had to make a very tiny loop at each end of the wire so they didn't slip off.
I found these springy beads at the Rings&Things traveling bead show last year when it passed through our city.
GREAT find!

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Very cool Lisa! What a simple yet unique way to add texture and movement to your jewelry designs.