Thursday, September 2, 2010

Possible Peyote Project

I so enjoy looking at the tubes of 6/0 e-beads at the craft store. It always makes me want to get out the needle and thread and start on a simple peyote cuff....

Maybe that is what I will make this weekend, it has been a while, but is always very fulfilling when done.

I'm thinking this tube of metallic gold e-beads will make a great cuff that you can wear every day.

I might be able to get 5 rows out of this tube and think the metallic gold will be so eye-catching! I'll keep you posted!

I'm so excited to have a 4 day weekend, I just have to be careful not to think I'm going to accomplish so many things that I get overwhelmed.

There will definitely be a trip to the library involved AND some beading! I hope you are all so fortunate to get a few days off too!

And now on to another exciting subject......I just learned today from Happy Mango Beads they are sponsoring a fun new contest to enter....the prize? $100 in beads!

It's a TRASH TO TREASURE challenge...how cool! Click HERE for details.

3 comments:

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I do that sometimes, I have so many ideas and so many things I want to do that I can't settle on one and end up not accomplishing anything! Have a wonderful four day weekend! Hope you get to do all the things you want to do!

Deana said...

I LOVE the peyote cuffs! Make sure you post a pic of the finished project! I still have my hematite and clear crystal cuff you made me a long time ago! And I still LOVE it! Have a great weekend! Love ya!
your sisters,
Deana & Summer :o)

Kokopelli said...

Aren't weekends great? No matter if two or four days, I love them. :-) I just poured me a good cup of Arabian coffee, put on some cool music and started to weave my first patterned ribbon. Looks good so far. When I finished that, I'll go on with some spinning on my new Ashford wheel. Even more fun! Have a nice weekend!