Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet, Sunshiny Yellow

I heard on the radio today that it won't be too long until FOOTBALL SEASON! WHAT??????!!

Please say it isn't so! Not that I have anything against sports necessarily, it's just that I'm not ready for a seasonal change.

Just a few degrees cooler right now would be great, but I'll take the heat over the cold any day!

Just to keep things in perspective and really appreciate the yellowy, bright goodness of the sun, here are a few of my sunny faves!

I remember during the winter reading the blog of our friend Davinia in Australia who wrote about the extra hot summer days while we were dealing with blizzardy weather.

I was so envious and I am not ready to switch places yet!!

I need to make something with all these beads while it's warm, that way in the wintertime, I can wear it and feel the warmth of this extreme heat!





5 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Love all the sunshiny yellow Lisa! Isn't it fun to make blogger friends from all over the globe? Davinia's designs are stunning! I actually have a blog post coming up featuring Davinia's jewelry very soon here! :)

I admit, I've never designed in yellow. Probably because I can't wear yellow. It doesn't matter if it's bright & sunny or pale... it doesn't play well with my Irish skin. :( So I'll live vicariously through your sunshine designs!

{Hugs}
Dawn

DVArtist said...

I am with you sunny over cold anytime. We don't get much of that here in Florence, OR.
Nicole/Beadwright

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I'm with you. I prefer hot over cold any day! I'm already starting to get sad because it's almost September...where did the summer go? Good idea to make something with those sunshiny beads to chase away the winter blahs!

Maryanne said...

Love those yellow beads! I agree with you completely on summer versus winter. Even though we've had a terribly hot summer this year, I still prefer that over winter!

Unknown said...

I love yellow!