Saturday, February 6, 2010

This Week's Project: Bright Red Stoneware

This week's project is a necklace incorporating a bright red stoneware pendant from Artbeads.com.

I originally thought about beading the entire necklace, but then I saw the midnight black econoflex beading wire... I love using this in necklaces because it allows the pendant to stand out!

I just happened to find a heart & arrow toggle clasp to finish it off which made me happy!

As usual, my use of beads often has to do with the supply available.... Since I had these 6mm black diamond bicones in the same container as the red bicones, when I ran out of red, it made sense to use them. :) I just love swarovski crystal beads...what would I do without them? Let's hope I never have to find out!

I have one more adorable stoneware pendant left from Artbeads.com. It's the small swirly one...!!

I was going to make it into a dangle on a bracelet when I realized it would be nice to share the bead love.
If you would like to use it in a project and wouldn't mind if I shared a picture of it with everyone here, let me know in the comments and it will be sent to the first person who mentions they would like it!

I hope everyone had an opportunity to see the sun today, it was GREAT! I think it might have helped to melt a little of the 10-12 inches of snow that has fallen since yesterday. Yay!

FTC compliance disclosure: the item in this post from Artbeads.com was provided as a promotional gift as part of their bead blogger program for review or design purposes.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the valentines necklace.

Kokopelli said...

The toggle clasp is the perfect feature to finish the necklace. Great work!
The little swirl heart would look good in a bracelet with big links, as charm or in between the links, so if you don't mind the heart travelling to Germany.....:-)

Alex Damien said...

I love how you made the necklace, the bicones and the wire really make the pendant stand on it's own, very pretty XD

Emily said...

Very Valentine's Day! I'm glad someone else saw some sun today. We are also digging out of the snow~

Azure Accessories said...

Very pretty necklace...I like what you did with the wire!
Cheers

Seaexplore said...

I would LOVE the small swirly hearts! :)

The necklace you made is AMAZING! LOVE the color and the use of the wires. I would have never come up with this! :)

m.e. said...

I would love to give that little heart a home !
Love your necklace :) m.e.

Jeannie said...

The necklace is so sweet and delicate. Cool wire design. SWIRLY GIRLY HEART - BE MINE.

Unknown said...

Sweet! Can I link to this one too!?

Lisa Crone said...

Hi guys! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and enjoying the fun red beads! The swirly heart has found a home with "Kokopelli" in Germany since she ws the first to say she would like to have it. :) Stay tuned for the next giveaway coming soon!