Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bead Blogger Updates, Devo & Solar Stars!

Here we are, it's Sunday and time to gear up for another week. I was just listening in the car to Devo's "Whip It".

What a great song on many levels... You might be wondering, "what is she thinking?"...actually, I never realized what the song was about. The novelty of a band with odd instruments and what looked like upside-down flower pots on their heads sort of overshadowed the music itself when I was in a more youthful time.

However, the words below definitely helped me today and I will continue to use this song as an anthem for overcoming adversity! How Cool!

Here are some of the lyrics:
When a problem comes along you must whip it; before the cream sits out too long you must whip it; when something's going wrong you must whip it now; whip it into shape ; shape it up get straight ; go forward, move ahead; try to detect it; it's not too late ; to whip it ; whip it good when a good time turns around; you must whip it; you will never live it down unless you whip it; no one gets away until they whip it; i say whip it whip it good i say whip it; whip it good!!

I also encountered another way to overcome adversity today... the solar STAR! I found this at our local Meijer grocery store today. It is SOLAR powered!!

If you have a Meijer store, make sure you get one of these, they are so sparkly and fun!!

All your troubles or areas you might be feeling some adversity in will melt away when you see the colors it cycles through at night, red, green blue...ahhh! Beautiful!! It is dark outside now and I'm telling you, this star is gorgeous!! :)

In preparation for getting inspired and starting another new week, I hope you will join me in a quick trip down blogger lane to see what everyone has been up to...

About.com Jewelry Making Tammy got the 411 on some very cool new metal stamps. Though these can also be used with clay as well.
Art Bead Scene The Art Bead Scene begins a new monthly feature - the ABS Carnival Blog! Let the Carnival begin!
Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Bopping Along the ICE Resin Blog hop - My resin version of Little Egypt.
Beading Arts Do you want to try lampworking? Cyndi's been busy at the torch again.
Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi uses a candy mold to make a new resin pendant.
Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva Cindy takes a bead shopping trip to the Great White North and almost passes out!
Studio Chronicles Melanie unleashes her grumpy feelings with a little rant and a bead sale! A mystery package is the catalyst for this creative challenge. Up for it? You could win a free book!
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lorelei had a chance, a while back (2008) to have a nice little interview with etsy seller, Patina Queen! This is Lorelei's wire supplier, and she ROCKS!
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! jean is breathless with delight when she receives a gift from her friend the artist Lisa Kan!
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Andrew shares his feelings about the awesome new Spring issue of "Stringing" magazine.

1 comment:

donna said...

I always think of the Bangles "Manic Monday" but I change the words. Since I quit working I love Monday, it IS my fun day. And if I am in a really good mood I walk like an egyptian.

Now I will have these songs in my head all day. ;)