Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bracelet Project & Bead Blogger Fun

During my book signing at Ally Beads yesterday, one of their customers who is new to beading, mentioned a particular type of necklace she was going to make.

Once I had a chance to look at the beads that went into the necklace, I thought it would be fun to make it into a bracelet.

I wouldn't have guessed the meaning behind it if I hadn't been told and thought this might make a fun challenge here.

So, if you are the first person to identify the type of bracelet I was going for here, I will happily send you a random bead mix of miscellaneous pieces and parts that have been previously showcased on Abeadaday!

I'm working on sharing the bead love, while reducing the amount of space needed to house all my cool stuff! :) It's a win-win situation!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts! If you ALL "get it" I will think, gee I must have been living under a rock or in my very own bead-bubble again!

If you are the first to get it right, I will contact you through your blog, website or email address.

AND...it just wouldn't be Sunday without taking a few minutes to load up on inspiration from our fellow bead bloggers below:

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean is embroiled in a conundrum--help a girl out!
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Working with Jill MacKay's new line of decorative bezels, Andrew experiments with resin and takes advantage of the bezels' deep walls.
Art Bead Scene Art Bead Scene teams up with Margie Deeb for a color challenge.
Beading Arts Cyndi's new bead embroidered necklace has everything but a name!
Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva Inspired by the color of summer gardens in a seed catalog, Cindy creates a new bead.
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Celebrate the many uses of Ice Resin with Melanie's blog latest blog series which highlights some of her newest works
Jean Campbell Jean reviews Margie Deeb's (pretty fabulous) Spring/Summer 2010 Color Report.
Jewelry & Beading Have you heard of Zulugrass? Find out about the wonderful industry that's helping to support the Maasai, and enter to win a piece!
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lorelei is still a little nervous to try her hand at using resin. But the pendant in this necklace turned out nice at any rate.
About.com Jewelry Making Tammy reminds you about a thriving jewelry community and how to keep up with news on her site.
Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi restrings a strand of cheap plastic beads with a wristlet. Repurposing is great!

15 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Is it Spring Forcast? These seem very similar to the pantone spring color forcast I've been seeing. And then of course the beautiful butterfly heading things off! Beautiful colors:)

Createology said...

This looks like Butterfly bead soup to welcome the new beginnings of Spring. Keep creating...

cjvierow said...

To welcome spring I flew so fast my colors all became beads! Fortunately this kind person captured them and kept them from escaping me altogether. We will happily encircle her wrist forever. ---Or something like that ;-)

Heather Ward said...

Is it a personal symbols bracelet? I've had several friends doing this type of beading using colors, shapes and symbols that represent meaningful events or ideas in their lives.

Dee said...

It looks like a rainbow around the sun to me.

Regina said...

I love gemstone butterflies, looks like one fluttering in a flower garden.

Belismadesigns said...

Hmmm... Is it a butterfly garden?
Real nice beads! Love your site!

Donna Blake said...

Are you trying to align your chakras (to transform yourself like the butterfly)?

Susan Marling said...

I think it looks like a Cursillo or DeColores type bracelet but most people wouldn't know that right off. Maybe something to to with yoga and the chakras although not sure there enough beads for each chakra.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Yeah I was thinking it was something to do with Yoga and Chakras and such. Maybe a rosary of sorts? I know that certain stones and colors have certain meanings. The word 'Metamorphosis' came to mind when I saw it.

Mel Mel said...

Oh darn my guess was Chakra.

Pearl and Pebble said...

Ok Lisa, I can't stop thinking about this!!! Is it relating to the four elements, air, water, earth and fire? Somehow connected to the stages in life? The butterfly has to have some significance. Transformation, rejuvination....:D You have to spill SOON because I won't be able to sleep!!!!

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

Is that a chakra bracelet? Whatever it is, it is so beautiful. Love the butterfly.

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, you all are so much fun!! Thank you for jumping in with some GREAT ideas and sweet stories!

There were several answers that were on target, but the first one to mention "chakras" was Donna Blake. The gemstones in this bracelet are based on the alignment of the chakras in an effort to help balance them.

When the opportunity to work with another beader on a project like this presented itself, I figured it was meant to be and happily jumped on the bandwagon.

Donna, please email me your mailing address since I didn't have access to your profile.

Thanks so much everyone!

Theo Trollbeads said...

Lo and behold, a couple of days later, I discovered that dang bracelet setting on top of my dryer. I couldn't believe it, but I assumed it had fallen out when my husband gathered the trash. I threw it away for the fourth friggin' time! This time, I took care to shove it waaaaay down into the trash bag and cover it up with muck. Ha-HA, Bracelet! Try to get out now!