Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lovely Lucite!

What wonderful lucite leaves! Wow, they are like works of art! Am I just having a moment of bead love or do these look like they were painted onto a canvas?

I received these from the ultra talented Mikki Ferrugiaro of the Beaded Carpet. I'm telling you, beading people are so thoughtful and giving.

The hole on this bead is horizontal above the stem. Because of the location of the hole, I think these would look great on a necklace. It would be fun to use one as a focal pendant with crystals sparkling along the necklace. I was also thinking that a second strand in the necklace could be just above the primary strand which could be "dripping" with crystals.

I'm seeing it in my mind and wish you could too!

4 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

These are very pretty and the color is so soft...great idea for a necklace Lisa...

Cheers

Just A Tish said...

yes, but i know how your mind works, and soon we will be seeing it too and i can't wait!

flyingbeader said...

Those are LOVELY!

Mikki said...

I'm glad you like them and I can't wait to see what you do with them. They originally came from www.theholebeadshop.com via Beadwork's Challenge. I didn't use them for the Challenge and when you said you loved maple leaves...I knew they had a new home.