Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekly Project & Bead Blogger Update

This week's project uses all the components from Rings & Things that I mentioned throughout the week. Such sweet and sparkly parts, I was anxious to put something together that seemed festive and special.

This was originally going to be a necklace, but I honestly couldn't stand the thought of it being around my neck where I couldn't see it, so a bracelet it is! I'm afraid you will need to click on the photos to get a better view.

I had also planned to to use the bottom tubes to hang long chains with beads at the end of them for a fun focal piece around the neck. I have a couple tube pieces left that I could try a mini version of that to go with the bracelet.

The parts include 8 of the double curved sterling tubes, 3 & 6mm swarovski rounds in silver shade and golden shadow. I doubled up 5 pieces of chain for the bracelet to make up 10 strands on either side. It's very soft and comfortable to wear.

The final piece is one that I picked up at Friday's Rings & Things "live and in person" bead show in my area. The silver plated coiled star was a must-have and seemed to make a fun addition to this week's project. I'm getting ready to make earrings by hanging a silver star from a piece of chain. Too cute!!

The finished piece seems to have a tiara-like feeling, I was feeling a bit princess-like while wearing it today. :)

Hope you are wrapping up the weekend with something crafty! It looks like our fellow bead bloggers have also had a crafty week. Please join me in taking a quick peek....


Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva Take a walk on the dark side and see what kind of jewelry Cindy comes up with.
Strands of Beads Melissa blogs about an intriguing new blog by lampwork artist Sarah Moran

About.com Jewelry Making Tammy offers you two simple ways to become part of the on-line jewelry making community.

Art Bead Scene Take a tour with the Art Bead Scene. We've got places to go and beads to see!
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean recalls and reposts a recipe for some cool October earrings, now that there is a chill in the air!

Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi creates a new necklace with heart shaped resin pendants she made.

Earthenwod Studio Chronicles Melanie begins her celebration of a week of crystal pendants with an autumn inspired fairy butterfly necklace

Jean Campbell How do you use beads to decorate your house? Check out these photos of Jean's beady household decor.

Jewelry & Beading Have you ever thought about trying glass fusing? The talented Wendy Talaro shares a fused glass primer this week!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lorelei is hosting a Necklace Round Robin, come check out the necklaces as they transform!

9 comments:

Just A Tish said...

i would never have thought to put it together like that - wow wow wow!!

Dave Robertson said...

Works great as a bracelet -- and it's really fun to see what someone makes with the cool stuff from our bead shows :) I'm dazzled!

--Dave

Azure Accessories said...

Love the bracelet...very original!!!
Cheers

SimpsonS said...

What a unique design.

Brenda. said...

What a gorgeous bracelet! I love your unique design! I've also got some of those silver coil stars from R&T. I love the sparkle of them! :)

Mikki said...

That's a bracelet for an Ice Queen...very cool, Lisa!
Were you watching Project Runway? Because that is the perfect bracelet for Nicholas' sci-fi winner.

Unknown said...

Lisa, I want that bracelet. Do you think I could make it. It is absolutely gorgeous., mom

Unknown said...

Actually it is Mom who wants the bracelet, not Dean. Just to clarify lol.

Lisa Crone said...

In response to Mom, YES, you can make this!! It's an easy design to make because of the double curved tubes. :) So glad you liked it!