Saturday, September 26, 2009

Amber Shell Bracelets

This week's jewelry project is an amber shell memory wire bracelet.

One of my favorite bracelets is this simple one strand made with memory wire and black rubber tubing. It is always in my purse so I wear it a lot!

It seems that planning jewelry to wear to work is always saved till the last 30 seconds, so out comes the good old stand by. It actually gets a lot of compliments! Something this simple!

So, I also have a similar one in white and when I saw the amber shell beads last weekend, I wanted to make one in brown!! I'm the kind of person that likes to stick with a sure thing. Having the rubber tubing on the underside of the wrist makes them comfortable to wear while computering/mousing.

After I made this week's bracelet using memory wire, I wanted to see what I could come up with using beading wire that would also be comfortable on the computer. Here is what I came up with. I used two strands of the autumn brown econoflex wire from Softflex and a cool, low profile, magnetic clasp.

Have a great night!

(By the way, I just received a box of beads from Rings & Things!! Tomorrow will be the first in a week long R&T's extravaganza leading up to my visit to their bead show that is coming through my area on Friday! I can't wait! :)

15 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Those look great! I can see why you get so many compliments :)

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I like those a lot!

Enjoy the bead show. Lucky you! I wish one would come to my area!

Carole said...

Hey Lisa! That is very cool.

Enjoy the bead show. There is one here this weekend, but I'm not attending. I'm saving myself for the big one in November (Bead Society). lol

ohdawno said...

I love what you've done with the beads and memory wire!

I haven't gotten my Rings & Things package yet :-( Hope they didn't forget me!

AngelaWC Creative Gifts said...

I like your ideas. Never tried using rubber with my jewelry.

Kokopelli said...

This is a great simple design! And sure one to have in every color to match your wardrobe every day.

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Lisa, these bracelets are beautiful!

Enjoy your shopping at the bead shows. I know how I love to go to bead shows. Saving my pennies for the big Tucson shows. Gee, I hope I have more than pennies by the time the shows get here. :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

The Beading Gem said...

Love the inspirations! I have rubber tubing sitting for ages on my work table. Time to get moving on that project.

jodi said...

I was curious about what you were going to put together. These bracelets are adorable and one of my favorite colors. I just picked up some of the ceramic beads, but in a lime green. They are going to find their way into a bead embroidered cuff I working on.

TheBeadedCarpet said...

Lisa....love it!
Sometimes the most simple designs are the most stunning...this is one of those times. I'm loving the rubber tubing, such a nice twist for memory wire.

Gates 8105 said...

Love the bracelets. I havent done much yet with memory wire I must give it a try!

Azure Accessories said...

Now these are ME bracelets, they would be my favorites to wear ..I like the simplicity of the construction/components, but they do make a great statement!

Enjoy the bead show...some day I hope to get to one of the BIG shows!!!

My city is only 54,000 people and we don't even have a great bead shop here.
Cheers

Cyndi L said...

Looks to me like that bracelet will lie really flat against your wrist...good design for keyboardists :-)

Jeannie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! The simple things in life. I just love those bracelets. I spent a lot of time this summer working with memory wire making cuff bracelets and I need a break from it. But you have inspired to try something for fall.

italiancharm said...

The jewelry blog is a first-class encyclopedia on jewelry as a whole. The cross-references going with each entry make this blog an even more entertaining and fascinating source of information as it reveals the entity about jewelers from different perspectives. www.zoppinicharms.co.uk