Saturday, July 4, 2009

This Week's Project: Watermelon in the Sun

Happy 4th of July to those of you in the US! I hope everyone is enjoying a nice day of sunshine and watermelon!!

I must first admit this week's project is not entirely complete, but I've gotten a good start on it. The only missing pieces are the tiny fuschia butterflies that I have been attempting to attach in a way so they appear to be flying around it.

I've had fun playing with it and expect to finish it in the near future! By then, I also hope to have a better photo. The ab finish on the sun is giving it a yellow tint, when in real life, it is more clearish pink. :)

I used the entire gross (or 144) of the 6mm bicones from the Rings & Things mix entitled, "the watermelon crawl". The pendant is the glorious 40 mm swarovski Sun prism.

Wowwee, wow, wow! I can't seem to come up with any more words than that. What has happened to my vocabulary? :)

I hope you don't mind staying tuned for the final piece soon to come, but this has quite a bit of sparkly sparkle to enjoy as is.

I also wanted to take a minute today to mention an extremely cool jewelry designer featured on the Beading Gem's website. I am signed up on her site to receive her blog entries via email because she consistently amazes me that she finds some often obsure, but FABULOUS and interesting jewelry designs and designers.

You are going to love this, I assure you!! The jewelry she featured yesterday is Real Ice Cube Jewelry!! I don't want to give it away because you just won't believe how COOL this is!! Enjoy!

11 comments:

Bobbi Ann said...

Wow...it's beautiful!!!

WireMySoul said...

Wowwee, wow, wow indeed! Amazing necklace Lisa!

Just A Tish said...

This makes me stoopid!

O
m
G

you r my hero!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I agree..."WOW"! I bet that sparkles like crazy! Beautiful!

Azure Accessories said...

Stunning...can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!

Saw the "Real Ice Cube Jewelry" on the Beading Gem's blog...most unusual!!!!
Cheers

Dave Robertson said...

So you're saying this is not a finished necklace yet? But you've already accomplished so much with it, Lisa. The cheerful colors, the way you've combined them, and the sun pendant's glow are incredibly summery. Nice!

--Dave

Kokopelli said...

Oh yeah, WOW is the right word! Who cares about more vocabulary? ;-)The necklace is cool and I fell in love with this watermelon mix as you showed it the first time.

Miss Val's Creations said...

This piece is gorgeous! Love the colors! Perfect for summer.

The Beading Gem said...

Now that is seriously awesome! Thanks for the mention of the ice cube jewelry post.

Jeannie said...

Oh SNAP, it looks delicious. I just want to take a bite out of it.

Dee said...

This is so yummy, I am so into Swarovski. I am about to finish a 2 floating necklaces which I left to dry overnight.

Thanks for sharing.