Thursday, July 2, 2009

Feelin Groovy!

Boy does it feel like a Friday! Is it possible to "feel" like a particular day? Yes, I believe it is. It's all about cues picked up throughout the day that signal a certain routine. Since I will have a work holiday tomorrow, I had started working on the Friday Featured Designer story until I realized it was really Thursday!! :)

Pretty funny!! So, just for a little teaser...tomorrow's featured designer is... The Lone Beader!! I can't wait to share!

In the mean time, feelin' like Friday is similar to feelin' groovy! The novelty of my Time/Life Flower Power CD's is finally starting to wane, however, there are still a few songs I am still coming across and getting hooked on for a while. One of them is "Feelin Groovy" or the "59th Street Bridge Song" by Simon & Garfunkel. My favorite part is: Life, I love you, All is groovy!

Today's bead is reminiscent of the "groovy" psychedelic patterns of the flower power era. I always seem to do a double take when I see things like this. Love it! I'm so glad that boot cut jeans are still sort of in, it's like breaking out the bell bottoms all over again!! Just put on a pair of platform-like sandals or flip flops, put on your peace sign jewelry and don't be surprised if you start hearing..."Slow down, you move too fast, you got to make the morning last."

In case you would like a quick reminder of the lyrics, here you go: Slow down, you move too fast. You got to make the morning last. Just kicking down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feelin' groovy. Hello lamppost, What cha knowing? I've come to watch your flowers growing. Ain't cha got no rhymes for me? Doot-in' doo-doo, Feelin' groovy. Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.

4 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

What a groovy post...and I do agree, I know I feel like a certain day!!!

Enjoy your day...
Cheers

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I know what you mean about the boot cut jeans and platform sandals! I've felt the same way!
Happy 4th!

Just A Tish said...

I am bobbin my head and singin along!!
oh how i love orange. i was a tried and true blue lover for a million years.

my friend pointed out that orange is the color of creativity. mebbbe that is it, who knows.

all i know is that I LOVE THAT BEAD!!!

Mellisa said...

Gorgeous bead! Such a sunny, happy vibe!