Monday, June 22, 2009

Summertime Pinks!

I was just reading Tish's blog over at Just a Tish Designs where she had done a little research about this season's color trends on the Fashion Trend Setter website. I am a big fan of pink in any shade because of its sweet and cheerful qualities. There seemed to be splashes in various shades everywhere!

Today's sweet pink bead is one I recently received from my Dad. I immediately thought I'd like to use it as a bracelet focal bead since it just seems like it would sit on top of my wrist perfectly!

I'd like to use a number of strands coming out each side of the bead in a variety shades in the pink family, from watery, light pink to bright fuschia! I might even a throw in a few light aqua crystals. Mmm... sounds like something that could really conjure up that nice peaceful feeling of a joyful sunny day!!

I would love to try 2 or 3 individual memory wire strands through the pink bead and then wire the ends together to create a sort of bangle effect. Well, now I've got to get my beads out and it's already well into the evening!!

I hope your week is off to a good start!

2 comments:

Just A Tish said...

Your idea sounds perfect! I love the idea of all the pinks and some aqua. i love when ppl are not afraid of color!!!

RYN: of course i dont' mind the linking back. it is sweet that you think it is important enuff to include in your post! thanks so much!

Carole said...

Is that a matte finish? The color is pretty nonetheless, but I like the matte looking quality.