Friday, May 15, 2009

Featured Designer: SueBeads

This week's featured designer is lampwork artist, Sue, of SueBeads. She states on her blog that she enjoyed using lampwork beads in her jewelry pieces so much that she decided to learn how to make them herself and became hooked!!

When I came across these peach persimmon beads on SueBeads blog, I immediately sent her a request to feature them here today and was so glad when she gave me the green light! There is just something about them that strongly appeals to me. It could be that the silver looks like jewelry on the bead. It could be they have a sort of art deco vibe.

The description in Sue's etsy shop reads, "This is a set of 9 mini beads made from peach persimmon coral, wrapped in silver wire and etched. The beads measure approx. 10 mm. All of my beads are made in my studio by me, Sue, in Pittsburgh, PA. They are properly annealed in a digitally controlled kiln, and cleaned with a diamond drill bit and a dremel!"

I love when I get that feeling of some kind of connection with beads, jewelry, things in nature, people, etc. You don't have to ask yourself whether you like it or them, you just have a feeling of knowing that you do! That's so cool!

You can read Sue's blog or check out her etsy site using the links above to learn more about her and her work. In addition to making beads, Sue also sells her jewelry creations on etsy! I've posted a couple of other bead sets from her shop just for FUN! Enjoy!

3 comments:

SueBeads said...

Thank you so much for posting such a nice profile of me - I so appreciate it!

Just A Tish said...

Jaw droppingly beautiful!

The Beading Gem said...

Super feature, Lisa! I was amazed with the silver on lamp work beads. They are like jewels on glass! Pearl