Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Super-Sized Swarovski Rivoli

Please join me in saying, WOW! This swarovski rivoli in Jet is a whopping 27mm!!

This large and lovely bead/button is from Artbeads.com. It appears this larger size is more rare and difficult to find. If you aren't familiar with swarovski rivoli's, they are a sort of button with the hole going through the back. If you look at them from the side, you can see that they are pointed on the front and the back.

It's not noticeable in the Jet version, but in the crystal or crystal AB version, you can see the depth that these points provide for a wonderfully sparkly effect. I have used a smaller crystal AB version before and posted them here a while back. I didn't realize they came in many of the popular swarovski colors! (even aqua)!!

In the Jet version, the front facets are much more noticeable. There are 16 of them which make this rivoli sparkle every time it is moved in the light...gorgeous!!I have some ideas for using these and the best part is, I have a handful of them to work with. Once again, I find that my little drawings are on scrap pieces of paper which I'm getting ready to dig back out of my bag to see if I can successfully take one of them from paper to real life.

Please stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Just A Tish said...

that is beautiful!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Thanks for taking a look at my blog and commenting on the bracelet! I really enjoy yours and look forward to seeing the Bead of the Day!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

It really is a beauty! By the looks of the design, it may make a good toggle for a beaded toggle clasp. I love how you used it in the design at the side of your blog. Very nice!