Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Goodness of Capri Blue 2Xab

If you are a beader, you might understand when I say there are times that I come across beads and I want to eat them up. There would be absolutely no way I could pass them by...

Well, that happened AGAIN recently!

I've had capri blue bicones before, but never with the 2xab finish. Just in case you aren't familiar with the "ab" finish, it means the metallic finish that is applied to the bead so it reflects light in different colors depending on the angle. It is intended to resemble the aurora borealis which is a luminous display of various forms and colors seen in the night sky. It is caused by high-speed electrons and protons from the sun, which are trapped in the above the earth and channeled toward the polar regions by the earth's magnetic field.

The original ab finish is only applied to one half of the bead, the 2xab finish means it is applied to the entire bead. You get the pleasure of using your favorite swarovski color, but with the added metallic effect.

Some of the swarovski colors were just cut out to have the 2xab finish. I'd include blue capri in that category. The rainbow of colors created by this metallic finish works perfectly with the capri blue color. I'm wondering if it would be "too much" to use these with the swarovski discs and rainbow gem that I posted yesterday????

3 comments:

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Beautiful! Have you seen the Fire Opal 2XAB? Oh my gosh, they're gorgeous!

WireMySoul said...

Gorgeous bead! I can see why you couldn't pass that up!

Just A Tish said...

i "see" best with my mouth. i have been known to put beads in my mouth. i know it is a terrible habit, but we all have to have one.

i love that color!