Sunday, March 15, 2009

Love, Peace and Happiness

Well, here we are again, the weekend is coming to a close. It was a good one, although they always seem so short once it gets to be Sunday evening.

I hope you aren't too tired of hearing me go on about the Time/Life compilation, "Flower Power". I'm not sure when I will tire of it, I'm not sure I will. There are 10 discs full of wonderful works that not only entertain, but provide glimpses of another period in time. Last week, I was unusually taken by the song "Ball of Confusion" by the Temptations. I usually like to focus on the positive and there is so much angst and pain in this song about this period of political uncertainty, racial tension and inequality in addition to economic crisis. I discovered that in 2009, this song actually provided hope. Clearly, people survived, times changed, improvements were made and the future arrived. It's exciting to think about all the things yet to come in our future.

I like to follow up that song by listening to the Chambers Brothers simple, but powerful song called Love, Peace and Happiness.

"All our love, peace, and happiness; We're gonna give to you now...All our love, peace, and happiness: And you can share yours too...All our love, peace, and happiness: We're gonna give to you, yeah...All our love, peace, and happiness; You can share yours too.

It's a small step for man, But it's a giant leap For all mankind...I got love, I got peaceI got happiness and You can have it too, yeah; Together, we stand...Divided, we fall; Love, peace, and happiness...Is the best part of all...Oh, love, peace, and happiness...Oh, love, peace, and happiness...Oh, love, peace, and happiness...Oh, love, peace, and happiness."


I think I'm going to try using this package of peace signs in a simple bracelet using the same size jump rings. I'm approaching chainmaille very slowly with simple designs and I think this would complement a piece nicely. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Carole said...

I think that piece is neat. I'd like to see what you come up with.