Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Psychedelic Bead

I'm still listening to the Time/Life Flower Power CD's and loving them. There are so many songs that I can't seem to get enough of and listen to them over and over again!

This bead made me think of a song that I've been hooked on recently and always makes me smile. "Time has Come Today" by the Chambers Brothers is such a great 60's song, with a bit of a stereotypical "psychedelic" sound and rebellious edge. Truthfully, I had heard this song many times before, but never appreciated it. My favorite part is "...my soul has been psychedelicized!" If you have time to do a quick search on You Tube, you won't be sorry, there is a live performance that is too cool for words!

If you aren't familiar with the song, here are the beginning lyrics:

"Time has come today, Young hearts can go their way, Can't put it off another day, I don't care what others say, They say we don't listen anyway, Time has come today(Hey), Oh The rules have changed today..."

I haven't come to a conclusion yet on how best to use these beads, but I think a formation like either of these would be fun with lots of bright colors. I can definitely see strands of dangles... possibly fiber or hemp cord with beaded dangles. I might need to tie dye something!!


No comments: