Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sparkly Blue Button


WOW! I was so attracted to this button it didn't matter that I had no idea how I was going to use it, I just knew I needed to have it in my collection. To top it all off, the two matching buttons were packaged on this very cool pink card which set off the blue so well. I believe these came from JoAnn, Etc. The package was appropriately labeled, "glamorous gems".

So...what to do with this awesome button?!

I recently came across a project that involved clipping off the button shank and gluing it to a ring blank. I thought that was such a cute idea and would probably work great with this button. I love the multiple colors of rubber tubing available these days and would like to experiment with using several colors of tubing going through the button shank. Maybe knotting the tubing on either side of the button would be a nice way to stabilize it. I need to put a little more thought into this and if I figure it out, will share it with you.

If you have any ideas, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. It will also make a nice bead for the toggle part of a bracelet. Make your loop out of small seed beads. You can also glue it to a blank and make it a bead itself. If you have 2, hmmm, earrings? Have fun creating. Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Lisa Crone said...

Hi Teri! That's a GREAT idea, why didn't I think of that!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! - Lisa C