Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Milky Opal


Today's bead is not a real opal, but I wanted to point out its "opal-ness". I honestly hadn't noticed that about it until I looked very closely. You can really see some light pastel colors coming through. Now I can't look at it without seeing them, isn't that interesting...? Sometimes our brains see what they think they should be seeing instead of what is actually there.

You could actually use this one as a focal bead on a bracelet. Of course I am thinking about some ab crystals, possibly even 2x ab! I think it would be cute with several strands beaded seperately and all strands going through the focal bead together. Light pink and blue crystals would be adorable. I think I'd also like to use one of these as a dangle on that bracelet along with a few sparkly crystals.

I hope you are all having a great week!!

No comments: