Monday, November 10, 2008

Stars for Spangling


Hello! I hope everyone's week is going well so far! I found these great glass beads over the weekend and just loved the bright blue color! I am thinking about using them in earrings with shoots of crystals coming out the bottom so they look like shooting stars.

As I was uploading this photo the thought "star spangled banner" came to mind and I honestly couldn't be sure I knew the actual definition of the word "spangled". Just in case you are interested, here is a reminder from dictionary.com:

SPANGLE:
1. a small, thin, often circular piece of glittering metal or other material, used esp. for decorating garments.
2. any small, bright drop, object, spot, or the like.

This would be a nice bead for many occassions including the US Veteran's day celebration that will officially take place tomorrow.

Have a good one and go spangle something!

No comments: