Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Isn't life funny? I had just been thinking about how this bead is a bit spaceship-like when I happened to see the last five minutes of the movie, The Day The Earth Stood Still. First of all, that's an excellent movie! If you are a fan of classic sci-fi, you will be familiar with these words, "Klaatu barada nikto"

This is the phrase the Patricia Neal character is supposed to say to the robot, Gort, to keep him from destroying planet earth. If you haven't seen it recently, it is well worth getting from the library or actually putting out the money to have as part of your collection. It is truly a classic.

Now, what to do with this bead? I was thinking it would work really great with some other matte earth tone beads and it would be just a little too cute with a robot charm! I have seen a very cool robot charm that requires a bead be placed in between the head and body. Gosh, I'll have to search for that and post it here. I'll make an update once I find it, you will LOVE it!!

Take care all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I truly believe that we in this generation must come to terms with nature, and I think we're challenged, as mankind has never been challenged before, to prove our maturity and our mastery, not of nature but of ourselves.